Table of Contents
|Base Atk||1,113||Base HP||1,959|
|Max Atk||5,996||Max HP||10,887|
|Grail Atk||8,115||Grail HP||14,761|
Attack / HP Growth
Babbage is the Caster who tries his best to be a Saber. The problem is, the Caster class isn’t the Saber class, and his pitiful attack stat shows that in spades.
However, he is very solid outside of that one hiccup. With above-average NP gain for his card set, a very good 1st and 2nd skill, as well as an AoE NP with an immediate NP interlude, Babbage throws out more damage at base than some 4 stars can, even assuming he isn’t NP5. Adding in that Babbage gets a large skill upgrade later on in the game (well after the main story and final singularity has concluded), and Babbage has some decent lasting power, both in terms of the game meta and in-battle. He won’t ever throw out damage comparable to a Berserker or SSR unit, but for a Caster he’s one of the better options at providing powerful AoE damage while also being quite tanky.
- Good base NP gain and his first skill allow him to charge his NP very quickly in spite of the Caster class star weight, giving him more CE options.
- Two good damage steroids for his NP turn and a very accessible NP interlude make his damage output higher than his attack would suggest.
- Very tanky, owing to his immense HP stat and Invulnerability tied to his attack buff.
- Outside of skill use or his NP turn, his damage output is very lackluster.
- Taking advantage of his excellent 1st skill relies on having strong star generation support.
Craft Essence Recommendation
- Limited / Zero Over / Verdant Sound of Destruction – Babbage has fairly good NP gain, making him one of the few Buster NP Servants who can really run a raw Buster boost CE with little complaint. He really needs the damage boost, too, as it multiplies effectively with his pre-existing damage boosters to inflict heavy damage.
- Halloween Princess – For those less confident in Babbage’s NP gain, or their team’s star generation potential. Lets him build up his NP gauge faster while still inflicting a good deal more damage.
- Kaleidoscope / Imaginary Element – Sometimes you just want a servant to waveclear a bunch of Assassins. Babbage does a fine job of it if you don’t have Halloween Liz. With a LB Imaginary Magic or regular Kaleidoscope Babbage can very reasonably NP on turn 2, his job likely done.
Level Up Skill Recommendation
Babbage is one of those cases that if you want to use him effectively, you better up most of his skills to at least a sufficient level (level 6 and above). Mechanized Armor is Babbage's main damaging steroid for both his Noble Phantasm and normal attacks and is universally useful in all team compositions. Concentration should be maxed second as you want to use Babbage in a team that can supply him with critical stars, and Concentration can make him a strong crit damage dealer while also gaining faster access to his Noble Phantasm. If Babbage is intended to be used as solely a farming Servant, then maxing Overload before Concentration is a good idea.
Suggested Servant Synergies
Elisabeth Bathory (Caster): Liz Caster can provide a steady stream of stars and triple arts cards to help Babbage build his NP bar with brevity. Additionally, her Buster NP allows Babbage easier access to Buster chains for even more damage.
Shakespeare: Shakespeare’s Buster buff helps Babbage complete the damage buff trinity, as well as granting NP gauge post Rank Up.
Hans Christian Andersen: Andersen provides most everything that Babbage needs. The every-turn heal contributes to Babbage’s tankiness, while Innocent Monster provides Babbage with valuable critical stars.
Available from the start
Unlocks after 1st Ascension
Upgrades after Rank Up Quest (not available, ETA 2019/08)
Dimension of Steam A+
Deal damage to all enemies.
Decrease defense of all enemies (3 turns).
Dimension of Steam EX
(Upgrade via Interlude Quest)
Decrease defense of all enemies (3 turns).
Skill Enhancement Materials
|1 → 2||50,000|
|2 → 3||100,000|
|3 → 4||300,000|
|4 → 5||400,000|
|5 → 6||1,000,000|
|6 → 7||1,250,000||
|7 → 8||2,500,000||
|8 → 9||3,000,000||
|9 → 10||5,000,000|
|NP Charge per Hit (%)||0.91%|
|NP Charge when Attacked (%)||3%|
|# of Hits (A)||2|
|# of Hits (B)||1|
|# of Hits (Q)||2|
|# of Hits (EX)||3|
|Trait 1||Humanoid||Trait 6|
|Trait 2||Servant||Trait 7|
|Trait 3||Weak to Enuma Elish||Trait 8|
|Trait 4||Trait 9|
|Trait 5||Trait 10|
|Instant Death Chance||36.00%|
|Release History||London Chapter Release|
|AKAs/Aliases/(Fan) Nicknames||King of Steam, Cherno Alpha|
|Country/Place of Origin||United Kingdom|
|Seiyuu (CV)||Tetsu Inada|