Table of Contents
|Base Atk||1,640||Base HP||1,746|
|Max Atk||9,845||Max HP||10,914|
|Grail Atk||11,920||Grail HP||13,239|
Attack / HP Growth
Borrowing the form of a certain nameless ally of justice, Chloe von Einzbern (more commonly known as Kuro) joins Chaldea as one of the best welfare Servants in the game. As an easily accessible NP5 ST Arts Archer, Kuro can devastate enemies with her easily charged and high damage NP. Not only does her Kissing Freak give her up to 50% NP charge on demand, it also massively increases her star generation. She can then use these stars to deal critical hits. Furthermore, Kuro sports a good affinity for these critical hits due to her Archer Class and access to a separate critical damage-boosting skill tied to her dodge. Coupled with her Projection Magic, which boosts the performance of all of her command cards, Kuro turns into an NP-spamming, high damage, critical monster. A monster that is able to use her crits to deal damage while charging her NP at the same time (if her 6-Hit Arts cards manage to crit).
However, the majority of Kuro’s NP uptime comes from her Kissing Freak and her 6-Hit Arts cards. If Kissing Freak is on cooldown and she can’t draw her Arts cards, she may have trouble generating NP. Nevertheless, Kuro’s monstrous NP damage, NP uptime, critical niche, and the fact that she’s a welfare Servant means she is very much welcome in Chaldea.
Good NP Damage and Uptime
Boasting both 6-Hit Arts cards as well as an on-demand 50% NP charge via Kissing Freak, Kuro cements herself as an NP spamming monster. Kuro can more often than not fire back-to-back NPs with an NP-A-A Arts Chain with crits, especially if she’s supported by an Arts team. Finally, as Kuro is a welfare Servant, she can easily be brought to NP5, removing the upper limit on her NP damage.
Good Critical Niche
In addition to her class affinity for critical hits (above average star weight and Independent Action of Archers), Kuro has access to bonus crit damage via Eye of the Mind (False), as well as increased star generation via Kissing Freak. All in all, despite not being having explicit critical-damage skills, these enable her to be semi-self sufficient with her crits.
Good Overall Damage
With her high NP uptime, easy NP5, good critical niche, and her card-wide steroid via Projection Magic, Kuro is able to easily deal high amounts of damage.
Access to Survivability
Though Kuro has a lower base HP stat for her rarity, she comes with a one-turn dodge which helps her survivability, allowing her to survive longer to deal more damage.
NP Gain Weighted to Arts Cards
The majority of Kuro’s NP Gain is tied to the 6 Hits on her Arts cards as opposed to balancing them with her Quick cards. As such, chains using none of her Arts cards can’t generate the NP she needs fast enough. Thus, there will be times where Kuro will be unable to draw enough of her Arts cards, making her unable to charge her NP in time.
Reliance on Kissing Freak for NP Uptime and Star Generation
In relation to the previous weakness, Kuro does have a solution. Her third skill, Kissing Freak, which gives an instant charge to her NP gauge and star generation. However, this makes her very reliant on Kissing Freak, which because of the 6-turn cooldown, may make for unlucky turns where Kuro can’t generate NP or stars at all.
Craft Essence Recommendation
- Formal Craft/ Projection: Increasing both her NP Damage, as well as the damage of her 6-Hit Art cards, these CEs also help Kuro charge her NP even faster. All in all, Arts Performance Buffs are good CEs for Kuro.
- Kaleid Sapphire: Easily obtainable from an event, this CE buffs both Arts Performance as well as NP Damage. Kuro is easily able to take advantage of both given the uptime of her Arts NP.
- Another Ending: Taking advantage of Kuro’s high Arts damage output and her critical niche, this CE enables both of Kuro’s main niches.
- Heaven’s Feel / Halloween Princess/ Black Grail: With a high NP uptime, Kuro can easily make use of CEs which give her a massive bonus to NP damage. One advantage of these CEs is they stack multiplicatively with her inherent steroid (via Projection Magic).
- Gem Magecraft: Antumbra/ Knight's Dignity/ Hot Spring Under the Moon: Though Kuro doesn’t fill the critical damage niche as well as other more dedicated Servants, she still has enough of it to make decent use of CEs which emphasize dealing critical hits.
- Golden Sumo: Boulder Tournament: Given that Kuro can instantly charge her NP by 50%, this CE can allow her to use her NP immediately as it gives 50% starting NP while also giving a bonus to attack.
Level Up Skill Recommendation
- The NP charge and star generation buff from Kissing Freak, are both highly impactful for Kuro’s kit. In particular, the NP charge enables a more consistent NP uptime. The star generation also comes in handy when Kuro is performing Brave Chains or using her NP due to the amount of hits her chains and NP have.
- Projection is Kuro’s main damage steroid, affecting all of her Command Cards. It should be leveled second due to the potential bonus damage it can give her not just during her NP turns, but also during turns where she can do a Brave Chain.
- Mind's Eye (Fake) can probably be left for last. Though the dodge and the critical damage are in fact useful, the other skills have more priority and are overall more effective for Kuro’s kit. Note that as with all skills that have a bonus effect alongside a dodge/invulnerability, there may be times where using the dodge takes precedence over the critical damage. This potentially wastes the critical damage buff for some turns.
Available from the start
Increases own Arts performance for 1 turn.
Increases own Quick performance for 1 turn.
Increases own Buster performance for 1 turn.
Unlocks after 1st Ascension
Unlocks after 3rd Ascension
Charges own NP gauge.
Increases own critical star generation rate for 3 turns.
Increases the buff success rate of Illyasviel von Einzbern allies by 30% for 3 turns.
|Star Rate +||50%||55%||60%||65%||70%||75%||80%||85%||90%||100%|
Upgrades after Interlude (ETA: 2019/08)
Ignores Evasion for 1 turn.
Reduces their critical attack chance for 3 turns.
|Crit Chance -||20%||30%||40%||50%||60%|
Skill Enhancement Materials
|1 → 2||100,000|
|2 → 3||200,000||
|3 → 4||600,000|
|4 → 5||800,000||
|5 → 6||2,000,000||
|6 → 7||2,500,000|
|7 → 8||5,000,000|
|8 → 9||6,000,000|
|9 → 10||10,000,000|
|NP Charge per Hit (%)||0.38%|
|NP Charge when Attacked (%)||3%|
|# of Hits (A)||6|
|# of Hits (B)||2|
|# of Hits (Q)||3|
|# of Hits (EX)||4|
|Trait 1||Earth or Sky||Trait 6||Weak to Enuma Elish|
|Trait 2||Female||Trait 7|
|Trait 3||Humanoid||Trait 8|
|Trait 4||Pseudo-Servant||Trait 9|
|Trait 5||Servant||Trait 10|
|Instant Death Chance||36.00%|
|Country/Place of Origin|
|Seiyuu (CV)||Saito Chiwa|