Table of Contents
|Base Atk||1,228||Base HP||1,889|
|Max Atk||6,615||Max HP||10,498|
|Grail Atk||8,952||Grail HP||14,234|
Attack / HP Growth
Gilles Saber is actually not a boring Servant at all. He is someone that players who like to play around and try out new things would appreciate since he is quite unique in how he should be deployed. Nonetheless, it takes too much effort and support to make him work, and there are many other straightforward and better Sabers to pick from than going for Gilles, hence his low placement and poor reputation. His biggest weak points are lack of a damaging NP, a skill set that does not work well at all together and low base attack despite his supposed role as a damage dealer.
- Can deal a lot of damage with his Buster cards due to the combination of Mad Enhancement EX, Saint's War Order and Prelati's Encouragement
- Lackluster stats and skill set
- Heavily reliant on getting his Noble Phantasm off for the Attack boost
- Lack of damaging Noble Phantasm despite being a damage dealer
Craft Essence Recommendation
- Kaleidoscope / Imaginary Element: Allow Gilles to use his Noble Phantasm, which can massively boost his damage output
- Limited Zero Over / Verdant Sound of Destruction: Gilles mostly deals damage from his Buster card, so these two CEs are good fit for him
- Seal Designation Enforcer: If the team has any good star provider like Caster Elizabeth, this CE can let Gilles do a lot of damage with his Buster cards crit
- Victor of the Moon: Same reasoning as Seal Designation Enforcer, but Victor of the Moon works as a steroid so it will require the team to have abundant of critical stars to work
Level Up Skill Recommendation
Until he gets his 3rd skill - Prelati's Encouragement, Gilles is quite bad. While he himself isn't particularly useful, but his skills are somewhat salvageable and if players like him enough, then leveling his skills is somewhat acceptable.
While Prelati's Encouragement isn't entirely a saving grace for him, it at least gives him some form of damage when combined with Mad Enhancement by using a Buster card. Hence it should be leveled first.
Of his two other skills, Golden Rule doesn't offer much since Gilles isn't reliant on his Noble Phantasm, while Tactics is a pure team support skill since he himself does no damage with his NP. Leveling either is fine, as it won't change much at all in the grand scheme of things. But if players want some value, go with Tactics since he can at least slightly improve teammates' NP damage.
Suggested Servant Synergies
Leonidas: In a similar case to his synergy with Altera, Leonidas can provide the role of the Buster support. Since Leonidas’ deck contains two Buster cards in addition to his NP, he can help Gilles make the most of his Buster cards through Buster Chains. Additionally, given Gilles’ ability to become a pseudo-Berserker, Leonidas’ ability to taunt becomes even more valuable to cover for Gilles’ self-debuffs and let Gilles’ NP strength shine through.
Chevalier d’Eon: Similar to Leonidas, Chevalier can provide a more effective tank role for Lancer heavy enemy compositions. Although d’Eon lacks the Buster NP that Leonidas has, they can make up for it by taking advantage of Gilles’ Tactics to do somewhat more damage with their NP.
Saint Martha: Saint Martha’s Miracle Skill is widely known to remove Tamamo Cat and Jeanne’s self-stun, but she can also instantly remove Gilles’ self-imposed defense debuff as well, providing pretty much no downside to his NP. The heal from Miracle will increase in a future Rank Up quest, while at the moment Martha’s readily available NP can help amplify Gilles’ damage with its enemy defense down.
Available from the start
Unlocks after 1st Ascension
Saint War Order
Increase own attack for 2 turns.
Gain critical stars.
Skill Enhancement Materials
|1 → 2||50,000||
|2 → 3||100,000||
|3 → 4||300,000|
|4 → 5||400,000||
|5 → 6||1,000,000||
|6 → 7||1,250,000||
|7 → 8||2,500,000||
|8 → 9||3,000,000||
|9 → 10||5,000,000|
|NP Charge per Hit (%)||0.82%|
|NP Charge when Attacked (%)||3%|
|# of Hits (A)||2|
|# of Hits (B)||1|
|# of Hits (Q)||2|
|# of Hits (EX)||3|
|Trait 1||Humanoid||Trait 6|
|Trait 2||Servant||Trait 7|
|Trait 3||Riding||Trait 8|
|Trait 4||Brynhild's Beloved||Trait 9|
|Trait 5||Weak to Enuma Elish||Trait 10|
|Instant Death Chance||31.50%|
|Release History||Since Launch|
|AKAs/Aliases/(Fan) Nicknames||Saber Gilles|
|Country/Place of Origin||France|
|Seiyuu (CV)||Satoshi Tsuroka|