Table of Contents
|Base Atk||1,337||Base HP||1,608|
|Max Atk||7,200||Max HP||8,937|
|Grail Atk||9,744||Grail HP||12,117|
Attack / HP Growth
Aside from her cute voice and sexy design, Medusa is not a particularly powerful Servant. Compared to her other 3 star AoE Rider counterpart which is Alexander, Medusa's skills are more selfish. Individually, all her skills are good and are applicable. Her problem lies inherently in the number.
To start off, her base NP generation rate is poor, coupled with two hits count on her Quick and three on her Art make it particularly painful to reach 100% NP bar without the help of CE like Kaleidoscope or Imaginary Element. It is alleviated by her 3rd skill, but NP gen is still a big problem overall for Medusa. A combination of a Quick AoE NP with lackluster side effect, a BQQAA card deck without any Quick card performance booster, and lack of critical damage steroid despite having naturally high crit rate make her truly lackluster at dealing damage. Her poor survivability only aggravates her claim to a place in any normal team.
Thus, Medusa tends to be relegated to being a QP/Exp cards farmer because outside of being able to fire her Noble Phantasm immediately if she has Kaleidoscope, she isn't particularly good at anything else.
- Well suited to the farming role when used with a NP starting CE due to her 3rd skill
- Has a fairly reliable 1 turn stun without enemy restriction
- Decent Star generation thanks to 3 quick hits and a Quick AoE NP that raises star generation rate
- Lack of card performance boosting skill for a Quick-oriented card deck, resulting in lackluster NP generation from attacking and damage output
- Lack of critical damage steroid despite having natural high star absorption rate, often take away critical stars from her teammates
- Low durability and lack of survivability tools
Craft Essence Recommendation
- Kaleidoscope / Imaginary Element / Halloween Princess: With these CEs and her 3rd skill, Medusa can quickly use her Noble Phantasm for farming purpose.
- Imaginary Around / Gandr: As a Quick oriented servant, Quick card performance bonus are great on Medusa, especially since she does not have any other form of boosting it
- Moonlight Fes / Gem Magecraft: Antumbra: Due to her naturally high star absorption rate, she can be a decent crit damage dealer with crit damage up CE. Moonlight Fes also gives her a nice star generation boost, which synergize well with her 3 hit Quick cards.
Level Up Skill Recommendation
Medusa has quite a decent skillset, particularly after she gets her 3rd skill.
Monstrous Strength is useful regardless of the team she plays in and is also the most straightforward skill to use.
After Monstrous Strength, maxing Blood Fort Andromeda is preferred. Medusa has quite mediocre NP gain, so having this skill at a higher level will allow her to use Bellerophon a lot more frequent.
Mystic's Eyes is a neat lifesaver in a boss fight, as it can help stalling a turn for the team to get their cooldown/NP back up. However, it is quite unreliable before getting to max level, and even then it can still fail on enemies with high debuff resistance, so it is a skill to level in the long run.
Suggested Servant Synergies
Ushiwakamaru: Although both are Quick focused riders, Ushiwakamaru balances out Medusa’s AoE damage with a single target NP, making for more efficient clears when there are both caster waves and big bosses. Ushiwakamaru’s offensive utility through team-wide NP gain and Charisma helps out Medusa’s (and stacks with Medusa’s Blood Fort Andromeda NP battery/gain skill), while the occasional stun from Medusa can buy a turn for crucial cooldowns. The mutual Quick focus means a decent amount of stars from Quick chains, which will help with Medusa’s rider crit weight and independent action.
Gaius Julius Caesar: If you’re playing Medusa as a crit Servant, Gaius Julius Caesar’s Charisma and Incitement can help Medusa take more advantage of her independent action and rider star weight. Additionally, Caesar’s Military Tactics will boost Medusa’s NP as well.
Alexander: For stages with heavy waves and reinforcements, Alexander is a good fellow AoE alternative to Ushiwakamaru. Although he lacks Ushiwakamaru’s team-wide NP gain buff, Alexander’s NP grants flat stars. Additionally, his charm works on humanoids, which allows for an additional turn against servants when stacked with Medusa’s stun. Lastly, in a future interlude, Alexander gains a team-wide quick buff, which helps out both him and Medusa in dealing more damage and generating more stars.
Available from the start
Unlocks after 1st Ascension
Deals damage to all enemies.
Increase party's critical star drop rate (3 turns).
|Star Rate +||20%||30%||40%||50%||60%|
Upgrades after 2nd Rank Up Quest (Not Available; ETA: 7/2020)
Increase party's critical star drop rate (3 turns).
|Star Rate +||50%||62.5%||75%||87.5%||100%|
Skill Enhancement Materials
|1 → 2||50,000||
|2 → 3||100,000||
|3 → 4||300,000|
|4 → 5||400,000||
|5 → 6||1,000,000||
|6 → 7||1,250,000|
|7 → 8||2,500,000|
|8 → 9||3,000,000||
|9 → 10||5,000,000|
|NP Charge per Hit (%)||0.58%|
|NP Charge when Attacked (%)||3%|
|# of Hits (A)||3|
|# of Hits (B)||1|
|# of Hits (Q)||2|
|# of Hits (EX)||3|
|Trait 1||Humanoid||Trait 6||Heaven or Earth|
|Trait 2||Servant||Trait 7|
|Trait 3||Riding||Trait 8|
|Trait 4||Divine||Trait 9|
|Trait 5||Weak to Enuma Elish||Trait 10|
|Instant Death Chance||35.00%|
|Release History||Since Launch|
|Country/Place of Origin||Greece|
|Seiyuu (CV)||Yuu Asakawa|