Table of Contents
|Base Atk||1,344||Base HP||1,779|
|Max Atk||7,239||Max HP||9,883|
|Grail Atk||9,797||Grail HP||13,400|
Attack / HP Growth
On a whole, Romulus is a good example of mediocrity. All of his skills sound decent standalone but together they have no coherence or synergy. His best skill Imperial Privilege is wildly inconsistent despite its amazing value. His second best skill - Seven Hills has a good effect but its duration is too short to make good use out of both of its effects. Romulus also has an extremely vanilla card layout with low hit counts and mediocre generation stats (which are Star Generation and NP Generation). To round it off, he comes with an AoE Noble Phantasm that has low damage output with an effect that is too dependent on Overcharge. Overall, there are few justifications to use Romulus over better Lancers at the same rarity such as Cu Chulainn or Proto Cu Chulainn, unless you are desperately in need of an AoE Lancer for farming purposes, a niche that Servants like Kiyohime, Darius, Tamamo Cat or Lancelot fill way better.
- Amazing value on his Imperial Privilege when it triggers
- Can boost the team attack with his Noble Phantasm, especially if used in a NP chain to further boost its overcharge level
- Seven Hills has good utility due to it being a targeted skill
- Good durability thanks to Imperial Privilege and Natural Body
- Extremely reliant on RNG due to Imperial Privilege's low activation rate
- Lackluster in generating star and NP
- Poor damage output due to having AoE NP, middling stats, lack of way to deal crit damage and unreliable steroids
- Lacks an identity compared to other Servants, does not do anything well enough or specializes in any niche to warrant a place in most teams
Craft Essence Recommendation
In general it is hard to think of a good niche for Romulus since he is painfully average at everything. Thus it also affects his Craft Essence choices as he doesn't utilize have a particular preferences to any stats.
- Kaleidoscope / Imaginary Element / Halloween Princess: Romulus struggles to gain NP to use his AoE NP. With these CEs it at least gives him a role as a farming Lancer
- Limited Zero Over / Verdant Sound of Destruction: Having 2 Buster cards and a Buster NP do lend some credential to Romulus to use these CEs, though there are better candidates to make better use of these, such as Berserkers.
- Maid in Halloween: Romulus makes great use of this CE due to having both Natural Body and Imperial Privilege. It boosts his general tankiness a lot and can help him stay on the battlefield for a while.
Level Up Skill Recommendation
While Imperial Privilege is a really strong skill, its lack of reliability compared to Seven Hills hurts its priority. However, the latter is only available after his Rank Up quest. Due to Seven Hills being a targeted skill, it is also a lot more versatile as Romulus can help support his team instead when necessary, thus Seven Hills should be maxed first followed by Imperial Privilege.
Natural Body has worse values than Imperial Privilege, but it is still a decent self-heal. Leveling it and Imperial Privilege will give Romulus a lot of staying power.
Suggested Servant Synergies
Romulus is a pretty self-contained heal tank, with the ability to provide a teamwide attack buff, as well as a one turn Buster/Guts buff post interlude.
William Shakespeare: Shakespeare is the premier Buster support Servant at the moment, and can help bolster Romulus’ damage through Enchant’s Buster up effect working with Imperial Privilege’s attack buff. With the Self Preservation skill, Shakespeare also has the durability to keep on the frontlines with Romulus. Meanwhile, Romulus’ NP can help boost Shakespeare’s damage.
Nero Claudius: Both Nero and Romulus form a formidable frontline with their multiple heals, with Imperial Privilege being an especially strong steroid when it activates, the worst case scenario being a strong heal. The defense component of Imperial Privilege extends the utility from their multiple heals, and post Rank Up Nero gains a three times guts skills, while Romulus can boost one of their Buster damage through his Seven Hills skill. Overall, the built-in combination of defense buffs and healing allows them to weather tougher fights. Post Rank Up reinforces their frontline abilities further.
Jeanne d’Arc: Jeanne’s invulnerability and heals from her NP serve to make Romulus even more unkillable. The extra turn from Jeanne’s invulnerability allows Romulus more time for Imperial Privilege to come off cooldown, while Jeanne’s Triple Arts deck makes the possibility of a Romulus Arts chain possible. Additionally, Romulus’ team-wide attack buff evens out Jeanne’s defensive nature with offensive support.
Available from the start
Recovers own HP.
60% Chance to increase own attack for 3 turns.
60% Chance to increase own defense for 3 turns.
Unlocks after 1st Ascension
Magna Voluisse Magnum
Deals damage to all enemies.
Increase party attack (3 turns).
Skill Enhancement Materials
|1 → 2||50,000|
|2 → 3||100,000|
|3 → 4||300,000|
|4 → 5||400,000|
|5 → 6||1,000,000|
|6 → 7||1,250,000|
|7 → 8||2,500,000||
|8 → 9||3,000,000||
|9 → 10||5,000,000|
|NP Charge per Hit (%)||1.07%|
|NP Charge when Attacked (%)||4%|
|# of Hits (A)||2|
|# of Hits (B)||1|
|# of Hits (Q)||2|
|# of Hits (EX)||3|
|Trait 1||Humanoid||Trait 6|
|Trait 2||Servant||Trait 7|
|Trait 3||Roman||Trait 8|
|Trait 4||Trait 9|
|Trait 5||Trait 10|
|Instant Death Chance||32.00%|
|Release History||Since Launch|
|AKAs/Aliases/(Fan) Nicknames||ROMA (DE ARU)|
|Country/Place of Origin||Italy|
|Seiyuu (CV)||Ryoutarou Okiayu|