Table of Contents
|Base Atk||1,777||Base HP||2,019|
|Max Atk||11,499||Max HP||13,770|
|Grail Atk||12,587||Grail HP||15,086|
Attack / HP Growth
Vlad III is a good damage dealer that shines best in an offensive Arts team where he can keep using his Arts cards and fire off his NP within a short timeframe. He has a balanced card layout in BBAAQ, making him a good vanilla attacker in a generic team comp. His damage output is very good due to being a Berserker, and despite it causing the servant to take more damage, Vlad's survivability is decent.
His main problem is his extremely terrible NP generation. Outside of Vampirism, it is atrocious and players are stuck generating his NP for a long time before it can be fired. Without proper support or CE, it is not rare to see Vlad unable to fire off his NP, or at most can only fire it once per match. While he is quite bulky for a Berserker, he is still very frail compared to other servants. There are many cases in which he dies before dealing meaningful damage.
- Being a Berserker, he has great damage output thanks to the 1.1x attack multiplier and 1.5x bonus damage against everyone, and his 2nd skill grants an attack buff after being strengthened.
- His NP is a good boss fighting tool, by virtue of being a single-target move that also generates crit stars.
- He has decent survivability for a Berserker, having Battle Continuation and a defense buff.
- Good vanilla attacker: His main potential lies within an offensive Art team where teammates can set him up to continuously fire off his NP.
- Even with access to more Arts cards than most servants, which normally translates to good NP gain, Vlad's NP gain is still terrible overall.
- Prone to death when his defensive skills aren't up.
- No value as a crit damage dealer due to low star absorbtion rate, and can't generate stars outside of NP.
Craft Essence Recommendation
- Formalcraft, Projection: Vastly improves his damage output and NP generation.
- Kaleidoscope, Imaginary Element: Solves his problem of generating NP by allowing him to fire it sooner.
- Limited/Zero Over, Verdant Sound of Destruction: With the 12% added Buster damage from Mad Enhancement EX, these cards can make his Buster a devastating damage tool.
- Prisma Cosmos: Good for Arts teams that aim for longer battles and continuous NP activation.
- Little Halloween Devil: Starting NP gen and NP gain are both good stats to have on Vlad.
- Another Ending: His NP has good star generation rate and in a team that can supply him stars, this CE can be very strong on him.
Level Up Skill Recommendation
Vlad's main trouble is getting his NP bar filled up, and thus his 1st skill Vampirism should be the one that needs to be maxed as soon as possible.
Both Morph and Battle Continuation slightly improve his durability, with one through Defense buff and the other through Guts status. In general, Morph is more useful and easier to use, as players can pop it as soon as it cooldown goes off. It is also much more useful over the long run due to its receiving a substantial buff later on. As a result, Morph should be the second skill to maxed after Vampirism.
Suggested Servant Synergies
Tamamo no Mae: Tamamo no Mae is the premier Arts support, and her synergy with Vlad III is widely known through the JP player base, if not crucial to achieving Vlad’s high-performance peak. Fox Wedding buffs Vlad’s arts damage and NP gain, allowing for more NP deployment. Curse EX synergizes with Vlad’s Vampirism for stall. However, the combination of Fox Wedding and Tamamo’s NP allows Vlad to shine. Not only does Tamamo’s NP fill Vlad’s gauge, but also reduces the entire party’s skill cooldowns, allowing for more usages of Vampirism for even more NP spam. The heal on Tamamo’s NP also combines nicely with Vlad’s defense buff to extend his frontlines as an Arts NP spammer.
Chevalier d’Eon: Despite Vlad’s decent bulk, d’Eon’s 3 turn taunt affords Vlad more breathing room. d’Eon’s double Arts deck and Arts NP leads to a greater chance of Arts chains to offset Vlad’s poor NP gain. All in all, a solid arts protector for Vlad. Although Georgios can fulfill a similar role, d’Eon has the extra benefit of having two Buster cards, which allows for Buster chains with Vlad.
Jeanne d’Arc: Jeanne’s triple Arts deck helps Vlad build arts chains much like a Caster support, while her Noble Phantasm protects Vlad from boss NPs and extends his durability through a minor defense buff and notable heal. Additionally, Jeanne’s stars from Revelation stack with Vlad’s stars from Kazikli Bey to allow for more crit opportunities. A well-known generalist Arts team setup is Vlad-Jeanne-Tamamo, which combine strong survivability and damage.
Available from the start
Unlocks after 1st Ascension
Replaces Morph C after Interlude 2 (not available, ETA 2019/05)
Deals damage to a single enemy.
Gain critical stars.
(Upgrade via Interlude 1.)
Gain critical stars.
Skill Enhancement Materials
|1 → 2||200,000|
|2 → 3||400,000||
|3 → 4||1,200,000|
|4 → 5||1,600,000|
|5 → 6||4,000,000|
|6 → 7||5,000,000|
|7 → 8||10,000,000||
|8 → 9||12,000,000||
|9 → 10||20,000,000|
|NP Charge per Hit (%)||0.50%|
|NP Charge when Attacked (%)||5%|
|# of Hits (A)||2|
|# of Hits (B)||1|
|# of Hits (Q)||2|
|# of Hits (EX)||3|
|Trait 1||Humanoid||Trait 6|
|Trait 2||Servant||Trait 7|
|Trait 3||Weak to Enuma Elish||Trait 8|
|Trait 4||Brynhild's Beloved||Trait 9|
|Trait 5||Heaven or Earth||Trait 10|
|Instant Death Chance||45.50%|
|Release History||Since Launch|
|AKAs/Aliases/(Fan) Nicknames||Lancer of Black, Uncle Vlad, Dracula, Vlad the Impaler|
|Country/Place of Origin||Romania|
|Seiyuu (CV)||Ryoutarou Okiayu|