Table of Contents
|Base Atk||1,543||Base HP||1,805|
|Max Atk||9,258||Max HP||11,286|
|Grail Atk||11,209||Grail HP||13,684|
Attack / HP Growth
Thanks to being an almost carbon copy of her Saber counterpart, Santa Alter inherits the amazing Excalibur Morgan which stands above many AoE Noble Phantasms in the game in terms of damage output. This makes her an excellent farming tool and a potent wave clearer that can be relevant for any player's roster for a long time.
In comparison to Saber Alter, Santa Alter trades the Charisma skill for a targetable heal. Her Mana Burst is also less powerful and her raw attack stats are much smaller. As a result, Santa Alter's damage output will be noticeably less than Saber Alter with the same setup and NP level. The gap is more profound the when more buffs enter the equation, and a NP 2/NP 3 level Saber Alter can overcome Santa Alter NP 5 given sufficient amount of buffs on both. However, it can be argued that Santa Alter is a free unit, and thus she has much easier time to get NP level 5 than Saber Alter. On the other hand, Santa Alter does have an easier time collecting stars thanks to her high star absorption rate. This means she will outperform Saber Alter if there are a decent amount of Critical Stars, but Saber Alter will outperform her if both of them can consistently deal critical damage (which is plausible for Saber Alter when paired with units like Jack the Ripper or CEs like 2030).
Another good comparison is with Francis Drake, who is the premier 5 star AoE Rider. Unfortunately, Santa Alter does not stack up well here due to Drake being much more self-sufficient. Drake has better stats, can use her Noble Phantasm much more frequently thanks to instant NP charge and Golden Rule, and can generate critical stars much better thanks to Golden Wild Hunt, Pioneer of the Stars and her 6 hit Quick card. Drake also has a better support skill for the team in Voyager of the Storm being a universally powerful boost to the team damage output. It is worth noting that Santa Alter does have better one time burst than Drake due to having Mana Burst, but it is hard to justify using the cosplaying King of Knights over El Draque when the latter can do so many more things all at once.
All in all, while being slightly inferior to her edgier Saber version at max settings, Santa Alter is by no means a bad unit, especially when factoring in her availability. She is one of the best farming servants in the game and is 100% worth to farm for NP 5.
- High damage AoE Noble Phantasm thanks to high multiplier, high availability as a free servant and Mana Burst
- High critical stars absorption rate and can be a decent Buster crit servant
- Has a targetable heal at a reasonable cooldown
- Poor survivability for tough fight due to having no dodge/Guts/invulnerability
- Mostly a one-trick pony made to blow up the enemy with her Noble Phantasm and smack people around with a Buster chain if possible. Does not offer much to other teammates.
- Middle of the pack NP generation rate. Might require support from CEs/Teammates to get to 100% NP bar
Craft Essence Recommendation
- Kaleidoscope / Halloween Princess / Imaginary Element: While Santa Alter isn't terrible at generating NP, she truly appreciates Craft Essences that can allow her to get to 100% NP bar as fast as possible since it is her main selling point
- Victor of the Moon / Gudao: These Craft Essences can capitalize on her naturally high Critical Stars absorbtion rate while also boost her general damage output
- A Fragment of 2030: With her critical star absorbtion rate, stacking 2 or 3 Fragments of 2030 can make her a reliable crit damage dealer
- Limited/Zero Over / The Black Grail / Heaven's Feel: If the team has proper support to help Santa Alter generate NP without the help of Craft Essences, then these choices can improve her damage output significantly
Level Up Skill Recommendation
Mana Burst is the go-to skill to max first for Saber Alter, and it is not the exception for Santa Alter either since her main selling point is her absurdly powerful AoE Noble Phantasm.
The two remaining skills aren't particularly strong. Intuition is a bit of a let down since the amount of stars generated is so minuscule at lower levels and not particularly worth it even at level 10. Saint's Gift is a good targetable heal that can be quite handy when she is paired with a squishy teammate or with a teammate that can benefit a lot from increased star generation rate such as Gilgamesh or Okita. All in all, Saint's Gift should be leveled after Mana Burst and Intuition is basically just a resource sink.
Suggested Servant Synergies
Francis Drake/Arash: If you’re going to be farming, why not use both? Although Santa Alter requires a bit more starting NP, together they can clear hands/doors quickly like no one’s business.
Jack the Ripper/CA Hassan: Jack can increase use Santa Alter's stargen buff well, and in turn Santa Alter hand out christmas crits with her high rider star weight. Cursed Arm Hassan also fills a similar niche to Jack, and can even stack stargen buffs.
Elisabeth Bathory (Halloween): Caster Liz has two skills that can provide stars on a consistent basis to Santa Alter. Additionally, her triple arts cards helps to make arts chains more consistent, patching Santa Alter’s lack of NP gain/battery skills.
Available at start
Unlocks after 1st Ascension
Deals damage to all enemies.
Increase own NP gauge.
Skill Enhancement Materials
|1 → 2||100,000||
|2 → 3||200,000||
|3 → 4||600,000|
|4 → 5||800,000||
|5 → 6||2,000,000||
|6 → 7||2,500,000|
|7 → 8||5,000,000|
|8 → 9||6,000,000|
|9 → 10||10,000,000|
|NP Charge per Hit (%)||0.87%|
|NP Charge when Attacked (%)||3%|
|# of Hits (A)||2|
|# of Hits (B)||1|
|# of Hits (Q)||2|
|# of Hits (EX)||3|
|Trait 1||Trait 6||Saberface|
|Trait 2||Arthur||Trait 7||Weak to Enuma Elish|
|Trait 3||Humanoid||Trait 8||King|
|Trait 4||Dragon||Trait 9|
|Trait 5||Riding||Trait 10|
|Instant Death Chance||35.00%|
|Release History||Christmas Event|
|AKAs/Aliases/(Fan) Nicknames||Santa Alter, Salter, Santer|
|Country/Place of Origin|
|Seiyuu (CV)||Kawasumi Ayako|