|Base Atk||1,344||Base HP||1,726|
|Max Atk||7,239||Max HP||9,593|
|Grail Atk||9,797||Grail HP||13,007|
Contrary to his horrible fate in most of his appearance, the Cu Chulainn of Fate Grand Order is an immortal disguising as a 3 Stars unit to help F2P players. With a skillset incredibly geared toward survivability, a maxed Cu Chulainn will very rarely ever fall into battle, and most of the time he will just rise back up and dodge everything again as if nothing ever happened. Combined with his single target Noble Phantasm, he is a tailor made Servant for grindy boss fights. When paired with other defensive supports like Jeanne d'Arc, Mash or Medea Lily, Cu can last for an extraordinary long time and will pull through even the toughest challenge given time. He is one of the few Servants that will do quite well as the last Servant in tough challenges, similar to Heracles or Nero and it is not uncommon to see him soloing maps with some investment.
Unfortunately, Cu is quite average at everything else. He is middle of the pack in term of Star Generation and NP generation. His damage is nothing special and he offers very little to other teammates. His playstyle also means he is unsuited for most farming mission or players who prefer more offensive approach. Nonetheless, Cu Chulainn is definitely worth the investment for any players looking for a great budget Lancer or an expert survivalist. He is also highly recommendable for players who enjoy clearing tough challenges or soloing hard battles.
- One of the best survivalists in the game, if not the best, thanks to his dodges and Guts.
- Good single target Noble Phantasm and debuff clearance, allowing him to be a great last man for hard battle or as a solo unit
- Mediocre generation stats and does not offer much to other teammates.
- Average offensive capability due to lack of steroids, making him less suitable to farming mission or maps that prefer faster clearance compared to more offensive Servants
- Imaginary Around / Gandr / After-Party Order / Holy Night Sign: If players look to increase Cu's damage output, then these Craft Essences would do quite well on him as he mainly use his NP, Quick and Buster cards for damage
- GUDAGUDA Poster Girl / Halloween Arrangement / Grand New Year: Thanks to Protection from Arrows, Cu is an extremely durable Servant and can make a decent Taunter with these CEs, particularly for hard quests if players want to protect another Servant.
- Iron-Willed Training / Holy Shroud of Magdalene: Improves his already great bulk
- Fragment of 2030: Being extremely durable means having Cu Chulainn holding this Craft Essence would ensure its effect to never be stopped in battle.
Cu Chulainn is a fairly straightforward Servant and his skill leveling order is just as simple due to his skills having a clear distinction on which ones are more useful.
Divine Protection from Arrows should be maxed first, in conjunction with Battle Continuation as these two are the things that give him incredible staying power. With the reduced cooldowns on both skills, it is not rare to see Cu Chulainn always have dodge AND guts status on him for the majority of the battle, making him a very durable tank for the team. Disengage, while doesn't give as much utility as the other two skills, is still worthwhile to level as it is also a fairly good skill for a lengthy battle with the debuff cleanse and heals every 5 turns.
As a survivalist expert, Cu Chulainn (F/SN) is a pretty self contained servant.
Cu Chulainn (Prototype) and Cu Chulainn (Caster): The Cu Chulainn team isn’t a meme for no reason. With a 3 hit dodge on Protection from Arrows and a 5 turn cooldown at max rank (plus a sizable defense buff built in), this team is a valid strategy for certain quests due to the nigh invulnerability of the Cu Chu Train. However, this composition falls apart with AoE-as-normal-attack bosses, which tend to become more common in the future. Their strength lies not particularly in damage, but in distributing hits between the three of them such that once their dodges are exhausted, Protection from Arrows comes off of cooldown. Similarly, Marie and Hassan for differences in class advantage.
Atalante: As the only servant with quick buff currently, Atalante is invaluable if you want to go the route of boosting Cu Chulainn’s damage. The maximum 50% Quick buffs will affect up to 3 of Cu Chulainn’s cards, including his Noble Phantasm. Additionally, the more or less 50+ stars from Atalante’s NP will guarantee a crit from Cu Chulainn the next turn.
Available from the start
Unlocks after 1st Ascension
Deals damage to a single enemy.
Chance to cause instant death.
|1 → 2||50,000|
|2 → 3||100,000|
|3 → 4||300,000|
|4 → 5||400,000|
|5 → 6||1,000,000|
|6 → 7||1,250,000|
|7 → 8||2,500,000||
|8 → 9||3,000,000||
|9 → 10||5,000,000|
|NP Charge per Hit (%)||1.07%|
|NP Charge when Attacked (%)||4%|
|# of Hits (A)||2|
|# of Hits (B)||1|
|# of Hits (Q)||2|
|# of Hits (EX)||3|
|Trait 1||Humanoid||Trait 6||Weak to System Keuranos|
|Trait 2||Servant||Trait 7|
|Trait 3||Divine||Trait 8|
|Trait 4||Brynhildr's Beloved||Trait 9|
|Trait 5||Weak to Enuma Elish||Trait 10|
|Instant Death Chance||32.00%|
|Release History||Since Launch|
|AKAs/Aliases/(Fan) Nicknames||Setanta, Lancer, FSN Cu, Bro Cu, Cu Lancer, Dog, etc.|
|Country/Place of Origin||Ireland|
|Seiyuu (CV)||Nobutoshi Canna|