Table of Contents
|Base Atk||1,222||Base HP||1,728|
|Max Atk||6,580||Max HP||9,604|
|Grail Atk||8,905||Grail HP||13,022|
Attack / HP Growth
Individually Cu Caster has some great skills. His problems stem from the fact that they aren’t really synergistic or give him a clear identity. Rune Magic (and Primeval Magic after Rank Up) is a stellar steroid skill for critical damage dealer with an NP charge on top to boost a good cooldown. However, because Cu is a 3-Stars Caster with a mediocre attack, low-class modifier (0.9 for Caster), lack of means to absorb Critical Stars and has a BAAAQ deck, and he can’t make use of the critical damage buff component most of the time. Divine Protection from Arrows and Disengage are great in most circumstances as Defensive skills, but keeping Cu Caster alive for long doesn’t provide great benefits compared to other Casters like Medea or Hans. Last but not least he has a mediocre AoE NP with poor Overcharge effect, low damage and lack of steroids to improve its damage output.
All in all, he lacks a clear identity other than being a “tough to kill” Caster. Cu Caster should not be the go-to choice for any team lacking a Caster but can serve decently as a placeholder until the player can get someone better.
- Great survivability thanks to Divine Protection from Arrows and Disengage
- Can charge his NP bar quick thanks to Primeval Magic and 3 Arts cards
- Has a good critical damage booster in case player want to use him to dish out critical damage
- Poor offensive capacity due to low Attack, being a Caster and having no other notable steroid aside from critical damage buff which is hard to make use of for him
- Low team support capacity, does not offer anything to teammates outside of his Noble Phantasm’s Defense debuff which is quite weak (10% only)
- Lack of way to gather critical stars despite having a critical damage self-buff
- Awkward deck with 3 Arts cards and a Buster AoE NP that deals mediocre damage.
Craft Essence Recommendation
- Another Ending / Gudao: If you want to turn him into an Arts critical damage dealer, which can work provided your team can generate a lot of critical stars
- Kaleidoscope / Imaginary Element / Halloween Princess: Cu can fire off his Noble Phantasm pretty easily with these CE’s help and Primeval Rune, allowing for easier farming time
- Heaven's Feel / Black Grail: It is quite easy for Cu to fill his NP bar, so having these CEs will help his lackluster damage output
Level Up Skill Recommendation
Similar to his Lancer counterpart, Divine Protection from Arrows is too useful and should be maxed first to reduce the cooldown. Afterward, Disengage is better for the short-term due to the small heal and debuff removal, but Rune Magic becomes a lot better after his Rank Up quest thanks to the NP charge effect. On the off chance that Cu Caster can crit, it also boosts his damage output decently.
Suggested Servant Synergies
Cu Chulainn (F/SN or Prototype): With all versions of Cu Chulainn sharing the coveted Protection from Arrows skill, Cu Chulainn (Caster) finds himself an important piece of the Protection from Arrows team composition. Distributing hits allows them to take very little damage while Protection from Arrows comes off their cooldowns, allowing for a very durable frontline.
William Shakespeare: Per usual, Shakespeare is the go-to Buster support for now, especially as a fellow Caster against Assassins. Enchant will make Cu Chulainn (Caster)’s NP burst harder, while their shared Caster decks make NP gain through Arts chains much more consistent.
Hans Christian Andersen: Although Hans might be a bit of a natural pick as a support Caster, Cu Chulainn Caster can take advantage of all that Hans has to offer. Hans’ Innocent Monster stars and Human Observation crit damage buff stacks with Cu’s own Rune Spell crit damage buff for up to 90% bonus crit damage, while the attack buff is always appreciated. Hans’ turn-by-turn heal will also help Cu Chulainn recover effectively while using Divine Protection from Arrows or waiting for it to come off cooldown.
Available from the start
Increases own critical damage for 3 turns.
Increases own debuff resistance for 3 turns.
Charges own NP gauge.
|Crit Damage +||20%||23%||26%||29%||32%||35%||38%||41%||44%||50%|
|Debuff Res +||20%||23%||26%||29%||32%||35%||38%||41%||44%||50%|
Replaces Rune Spell A after Rank Up Quest
Unlock after 1st Ascension
Deals damage to all enemies.
Reduces all enemies' defense (3 turns).
|Enemy Defense -||10%||15%||20%||25%||30%|
|Burn Damage -||300||600||900||1200||1500|
Skill Enhancement Materials
|1 → 2||50,000|
|2 → 3||100,000|
|3 → 4||300,000|
|4 → 5||400,000|
|5 → 6||1,000,000|
|6 → 7||1,250,000|
|7 → 8||2,500,000|
|8 → 9||3,000,000||
|9 → 10||5,000,000|
|NP Charge per Hit (%)||1.60%|
|NP Charge when Attacked (%)||3%|
|# of Hits (A)||1|
|# of Hits (B)||1|
|# of Hits (Q)||2|
|# of Hits (EX)||3|
|Trait 1||Humanoid||Trait 6||Heaven or Earth|
|Trait 2||Servant||Trait 7|
|Trait 3||Divine||Trait 8|
|Trait 4||Brynhildr's Beloved||Trait 9|
|Trait 5||Weak to Enuma Elish||Trait 10|
|Instant Death Chance||42.00%|
|Release History||Since Launch|
|AKAs/Aliases/(Fan) Nicknames||Setanta, Cu Caster|
|Country/Place of Origin||Ireland|
|Seiyuu (CV)||Nobutoshi Canna|