Table of Contents
|Base Atk||1,277||Base HP||1,817|
|Max Atk||6,877||Max HP||10,098|
|Grail Atk||9,307||Grail HP||13,691|
Attack / HP Growth
Diarmuid is a Quick-oriented Lancer, but beyond that, his kit is a bit all over the place. His main niche is the buff removal effect packed into his NP, but he lacks the tools to make it his mainstay in the way Medea, his fellow 3 star, can with his own kit. His NP gain is worse than his fellow Lancers and also worse than most of the released cast due to his base NP gain being approximately 10% lower than an average 2 hit Arts BBAAQ unit, while lacking the hit counts to compensate.
While Diarmuid is pretty durable on the whole, he doesn’t offer anything to make him worthwhile being on the field, let alone being kept alive. His damage output, even with his NP interlude, is pitiful and despite being focused on Quick cards he can’t produce them much more than an Archer like Atalante or Robin can, both of whom offer much more to their team aside from stars. On the whole, there’s one Witch of Colchis and two dogs which can do whatever you wanted out of Diarmuid much better.
- Buff removal NP is a rare niche which can demolish some of the more annoying servants to face up against.
- With a dodge skill and a (admittedly very situational) strong enemy attack debuff, Diarmuid is relatively hard to kill.
- Lack of a damage steroid and low base attack means he won’t be hitting hard, even with his NP interlude.
- His low NP gain makes using his NP as effectively as Medea can difficult, limiting his niche.
- While his durability is good, both Cu varieties are better at it than him, making it kind of obsolete.
Craft Essence Recommendation
- Kaleidoscope / Imaginary Element – If you need a buff removal and you don’t have Medea, then you’ll need Diarmuid and one of these CE’s. He’s probably a waste of the Kaleidoscope, but at a minimum it lets him contribute beyond slapping people with his attack stat.
- Imaginary Around / Gandr – Makes Diarmuid’s, well, everything a bit more bearable. His stargen will still be bad, but his NP gain and damage output becomes a lot more respectable with this CE.
- A Fragment of 2030 – The first rule of 2030 is you put it on whoever actually does the least for your team. In most cases this is bound to be Diarmuid, and it lets him contribute the stars he normally can’t produce, huzzah!
Level Up Skill Recommendation
When it comes to Diarmuid's skill leveling, there is only one rule: simply don't. Being an exceptionally bad Servant with two terrible skills means that most people can tell at a first glance that one should not spend any of precious ascension resources on this guy unless you really like him. If one is somehow unfortunate enough to be charmed by Diarmuid's love spot, then go with an order of 1 -> 2 -> 3 to salvage as much utility as you can get from him.
Suggested Servant Synergies
Asterios: Against females, Diarmuid can reduce their attack by up to 50%. Asterios post-interlude can reduce attack by 60%. With the amount of female Servants in the game, they can nullify not only one, but all female enemies’ NP.
Medea: If you’re fighting enemies who constantly buff themselves, Diarmuid serves as a pretty good insurance for Medea’s debuff removal downtime. Additionally, her triple Arts deck indirectly alleviates a bit of Diarmuid’s NP gain problems by making arts chains more likely.
Cu Chulainn: Although Cu is a better generalist than Diarmuid in FGO, there’s no reason to not use the both of them together. Diarmuid’s strong attack debuff can help Cu get more mileage out of disengage when Protection from Arrows is on cooldown.
Available from the Start
Unlocks after 1st Ascension
Gae Dearg & Gae Buidhe B
Deal damage to one enemy.
Inflict curse (5 turns).
|Curse Damage +||500||750||1000||1250||1500|
Gae Dearg & Gae Buidhe B+
(Upgrades via Interlude Quest)
Inflict Curse (5 turns).
|Curse Damage +||500||750||1000||1250||1500|
Skill Enhancement Materials
|1 → 2||50,000|
|2 → 3||100,000|
|3 → 4||300,000|
|4 → 5||400,000|
|5 → 6||1,000,000|
|6 → 7||1,250,000|
|7 → 8||2,500,000||
|8 → 9||3,000,000||
|9 → 10||5,000,000|
|NP Charge per Hit (%)||0.79%|
|NP Charge when Attacked (%)||4%|
|# of Hits (A)||2|
|# of Hits (B)||2|
|# of Hits (Q)||2|
|# of Hits (EX)||4|
|Trait 1||Humanoid||Trait 6|
|Trait 2||Servant||Trait 7|
|Trait 3||Weak to Enuma Elish||Trait 8|
|Trait 4||Brynhild's Beloved||Trait 9|
|Trait 5||Heaven or Earth||Trait 10|
|Instant Death Chance||36.00%|
|Release History||Scathach Campaign|
|AKAs/Aliases/(Fan) Nicknames||Knight of Fianna|
|Country/Place of Origin||Ireland|
|Seiyuu (CV)||Hikaru Midorikawa|