|Base Atk||1,953||Base HP||1,785|
|Max Atk||12,641||Max HP||12,177|
|Grail Atk||13,838||Grail HP||13,340|
An offensive Avenger with a strong AoE Noble Phantasm, Edmond Dantes is defined by his absurdly high base Attack (4th highest in the game in Japan version), a jack of all trades skillset, and quite poor survivability. Due to the limited occurrence of Ruler bosses, Dantes will rarely get to use his class advantage against Rulers, and thus he will often be neglected for Servants with class advantage bonuses.
That being said, his damage output is not to be underestimated, and his other aspects are competent enough to make him a good standalone party member, as well as being a good farmer. Most of his weaknesses are also solvable with a good Craft Essence or teammate's support. The Cavern King will deliver a satisfactory performance, but nothing too extraordinary.
High Base Attack
Being an Avenger with one of the highest Attack stat in the game means Dantes hits like a runaway truck with his normal attack. Outside of his role as a Ruler killer, he makes a good Berserker killer as well thanks to his monstrous Attack stat. Oblivion Correction also contributes to his ability to do a good critical hit when supplied with critical stars.
Decent Star Generation
While his innate star generation rate isn't particularly high (half of Okita Soujis for comparison), he is reasonably good at generating some critical stars for his team thanks to the high hit counts on his Quick cards, Extra card, and Noble Phantasm. While he isn't someone that would be classified as a critical stars battery to the team, he can contribute.
Strong AoE Noble Phantasm
While not packing any particularly useful coverage, his Noble Phantasm does a good job at softening enemy teams thanks to its raw damage and the Defense debuff. Dantes makes a good Servant to lead a Noble Phantasm chain. With Golden Rule active, his Noble Phantasm also refunds a good amount of NP bar.
High NP Gain Per Hit When Being Attacked
An unusual strength and a trademark advantage of the Avenger class. With a 5% base NP gain per hit and his passive Avenger boosting it to the final value of 6% per hit, Dantes gains a great amount of Noble Phantasm when he is hit by multi-hit enemies like Helter Skelter or Okita Souji.
Versatile Skillset That Can Adapt to Different Situations
Packing NP gauge drain, invulnerability pierce, instant star creation and debuff clearance on demand, Dantes has a lot of tools at his disposal and can surprise players with how adaptive he is.
In exchange for his high base Attack, Dantes has excruciatingly low HP for a 5 star. Combined with the lack of hard survival tools like Dodge, Guts or Invulnerability, he will fall quite fast if left unprotected.
Low Critical Star Absorption
The Avenger class has poor critical star absorption in general (30 base) and Dantes is no exception. This is harms his ability to work as a critical damage dealer despite having good base Attack and a passive that boosts critical damage. Dantes will often have to rely on teammates or Craft Essences to provide adequate support.
Lack of Ruler Bosses and Mobs in the Game
More often than not, Dantes will not have a lot of chance to utilize his class advantage over Ruler due to the low occurrences rate of Ruler bosses and mobs, hurting his viability.
- Imaginary Around / Gandr / After-Party Order: Dantes has a light Quick-based card layout with two Buster cards, ensuring he has reasonable normal card damage but still relies on his Quick card to generate stars and NP bar. These Craft Essences serve to improve his overall performance by directly boosting his most used cards.
- Kitchen Patissiere / Beasts Under the Moon: While these Craft Essences do not boost his damage output directly, they provide two stats that Dantes truly needs. Being 4 Stars Craft Essence also lessens the party cost constraint.
- Halloween Princess / Kaleidoscope / Imaginary Element: For farming purposes or when used in maps with 3 strong enemies, these allow him to soften and debuff them.
- A Fragment of 2030: Due to his poor critical stars absorption, Dantes makes a good holder of this Craft Essence to help other teammates with a staple critical stars supply without taking the stars away himself.
- Determination of Steel is Dantes main steroid. A 50% Attack buff means he will hit extremely hard with either his Brave Chain or Noble Phantasm when this skill is active. The Invulnerability Pierce component is a nice bonus, as it allows him to always hit hard against pesky bosses like Marie Antoinette or mobs like Automata.
- Between his remaining skills, Golden Rule should be prioritized. Without the buff from Golden Rule Dantes's NP Generation is nothing outstanding if not subpar compared to many other AoE options, and his Noble Phantasm is an important component of his identity.
- Wisdom from Desperation is by no means a bad skill, and given enough resource, one should level it to get the cooldown reduction bonus. It is a great versatile utility skill for tough challenges and has its use in many different situations, be it to secure a Critical Brave Chain, clear some nasty debuffs, or just to control the bosses' NP bar.
Available from the start
Unlocks after 1st Ascension
Deals damage to all enemies.
Reduces their defense for 3 turns.
|Damage +||600%||800%||900%||950%||1000%||Defense -||20%||25%||30%||35%||40%|
|Curse Damage +||500||750||1000||1250||1500|
|1 → 2||200,000||
|2 → 3||400,000|
|3 → 4||1,200,000||
|4 → 5||1,600,000||
|5 → 6||4,000,000||
|6 → 7||5,000,000||
|7 → 8||10,000,000||
|8 → 9||12,000,000|
|9 → 10||20,000,000|
|NP Charge per Hit (%)||0.62%|
|NP Charge when Attacked (%)||5%|
|# of Hits (A)||2|
|# of Hits (B)||3|
|# of Hits (Q)||4|
|# of Hits (EX)||5|
|Trait 1||Humanoid||Trait 6|
|Trait 2||Servant||Trait 7|
|Trait 3||Weak to Enuma Elish||Trait 8|
|Trait 4||Evil||Trait 9|
|Trait 5||Trait 10|
|Instant Death Chance||7.00%|
|Release History||Prison Tower's Howling Demon of Vengeance Event|
|AKAs/Aliases/(Fan) Nicknames||Edmond Dantes, EDGEmond, Komaeda, Komaedantes|
|Country/Place of Origin||France|
|Seiyuu (CV)||Nobunaga Shimazaki|