Table of Contents
|Base Atk||1,574||Base HP||1,880|
|Max Atk||9,449||Max HP||11,753|
|Grail Atk||11,441||Grail HP||14,250|
Attack / HP Growth
Nero is a solid Saber with a potentially spammable AOE NP and straightforward benefits from her skills. Her HP pool, Invictus Spiritus and two heals makes her hard to kill, while Imperial Privilege’s huge self-buffs can make her a monster on the battlefield…if they hit. She is one of the best unit to be the last unit in the backline in hard challenges or a solo unit so she can abuse her Invictus Spiritus skill. But even in normal Art team she can also shines due to her skillset and AoE Art Noble Phantasm.
- Good durability, owing to the powerful defence buff on Imperial Privilege and her pair of heals
- Reasonable, if inconsistent, NP damage output due to the powerful attack buff she gains from Imperial Privilege
- Powerful defence debuff from her NP allows her to aid her team’s damage by softening up foes
- Invictus Spiritus is an amazing skill that boost her survivability massively, making her one of the best solo units or last member of the team in tough challenge
- Good NP gain owing to her 5 hit Extra card and Arts AOE NP, letting her NP spam more easily than competing Sabers
- Both of Imperial Privilege’s buffs are chance-based, meaning it’s a gamble whenever you need one of them in a quest
- Until she gets her skill and NP strengthening, her offense and durability is inconsistent
Craft Essence Recommendation
- Formalcraft, Projection: Easily the best option for Nero. She has the durability to build up her NP gauge naturally, and the Arts boost allows her damage and NP gain both to increase greatly.
- Kaleidoscope, Imaginary Element, Halloween Princess: Though she’s nowhere as good at it compared to competitors like Saber Alter, Nero can be an instant AOE NP sweeper. The fact her sole offensive buff is chance-based makes this inconsistent.
- Divine Banquet / Prisma Cosmos: Alternative NP gain option. Formalcraft is superior in pretty much every instance, but if you don’t have access to the better Arts booster CEs this is a solid option.
- Maid in Halloween: Nero has two of the best self-heal skills in the game. With this CEs, she is nigh immortal with team support thanks to the immense bonus heal that she receives.
Level Up Skill Recommendation
Nero's main niche is her ability to solo hard content thanks to all the heal and, in the future, her triple guts skill Invictus Spiritus. Her most important skill that needs to max first, however, is Imperial Privilege, due to the on-demand heal as well as the occasional buffs that last for 3 turns with a 5 turn cooldown. While it is unreliable to get the attack and defense buff, when she actually receives the buffs, the benefits are incredible as 44% attack and/or 44% defense for 3 turns are nothing to scoff at. It's being available readily for her without the need to wait or do the quest to unlock like Invictus Spiritus that also makes it more desirable to max first.
After Imperial Privilege, Migraine should be levelled next. The boost in healing is very welcome to make Nero even more durable, and the decreased cooldown is great as well.
Invictus Spiritus should be levelled last and perhaps should not be invested too deeply in. The cooldown is among the highest in the game and the skill is extremely unlikely to ever be used twice in a fight. The HP returned to Nero also hardly increases per level and remains at very low HP amounts. Low enough to essentially be killed in one blow again against most enemies.
Suggested Servant Synergies
Georgios: Georgios is an Arts based Servant with durability to match Nero’s own. Georgios’ ability to taunt is invaluable for extending Nero’s high durability during the downtime of Imperial Privilege, resulting in a strong stall core that can also do good damage. Additionally, since both of their NP’s are Arts, it is easier to form Arts chains for faster NP building. Nero’s defense down debuff on her NP helps to amplify Georgios’ damage as well. With Nero’s future strengthening quest granting a 3 times guts, the durability of this team increases even further.
Cu Chulainn (Caster): Despite his Buster NP, Caster Cu’s triple Arts deck in addition to the coveted Protection from Arrows earns him a spot in an Arts-focused NP combo stall team. Although more AoE based than Georgios, by virtue of having Protection from Arrows Cu is able to more than hold his own in terms of survival alongside Nero. Additionally, his NP’s secondary effect of defense reduction will stack with Nero’s for extra damage.
Medea: For many of the same reasons as Alter, Medea’s synergy is increased with Nero due to both of them having an Arts NP. Although Nero does not gain direct gauge refund with her NP, NP chains are flexible depending on whether or not the enemy has evasion or invulnerability. Like with Alter, Medea’s triple Arts cards will help Nero build NP quickly and consistently. Additionally, Medea’s NP card adds another on-demand Arts card to help Nero out. While the buff removal from Medea is slightly overlapped by Nero’s NP ignoring defense buffs, the increased Arts cards count between the two of them more than make up for the potential downside.
Available from the start
Recovers own HP.
60% Chance to increase own attack for 3 turns.
60% Chance to increase own defense for 3 turns.
Unlocks after 1st Ascension
Laus Saint Claudius
Deals heavy damage to all enemies, ignore defense.
Reduce defense of all enemies (1 turn).
Laus Saint Claudius
Upgrades via Interlude 2.
Reduce defense of all enemies (1 turn).
Skill Enhancement Materials
|1 → 2||100,000||
|2 → 3||200,000||
|3 → 4||600,000|
|4 → 5||800,000|
|5 → 6||2,000,000|
|6 → 7||2,500,000|
|7 → 8||5,000,000||
|8 → 9||6,000,000||
|9 → 10||10,000,000|
|NP Charge per Hit (%)||0.84%|
|NP Charge when Attacked (%)||3%|
|# of Hits (A)||2|
|# of Hits (B)||1|
|# of Hits (Q)||2|
|# of Hits (EX)||5|
|Trait 1||Humanoid||Trait 6||Weak to Enuma Elish|
|Trait 2||Servant||Trait 7|
|Trait 3||Riding||Trait 8|
|Trait 4||Roman||Trait 9|
|Trait 5||Saberface||Trait 10|
|Instant Death Chance||24.50%|
|Release History||Since Launch|
|AKAs/Aliases/(Fan) Nicknames||Nero, Red Saber, Umu, NVRNQSR|
|Country/Place of Origin||Italy|
|Seiyuu (CV)||Sakura Tange|